As with most authors, I am on deadline.
This one is self-imposed. At the beginning of the year, I created a business plan and set specific goals for 2014. My next goal is to publish a Christmas novel which should have been completed by the end of July, according to The Plan.
Life happened and the story didn’t. Well, that’s not exactly accurate. I was extremely busy with family obligations in July, but I did write almost every day.
The story happened, and it happened, and more of it happened. I just hadn’t reached the end when planned. What I had hoped would be about 55,000 words didn’t work out that way.
When I reached 40,000, my hero and heroine were finally having sex, but there was a lot more to the story yet to be told. I’m currently at 57,000 and it’s moving along well. I figure I’ll finish somewhere around 75-80,000 words by the first week in September.
For today’s blog I thought I’d share some visuals with you that I used when writing A Cancun Christmas. It’s a working title and has changed several times already, but goes with the next in this series, A Cancun Crisis.